Acciarino AdrianoDocente a contratto esterno-Art.23 Legge 240/10
Settore scientifico disciplinare di riferimento
||PEDAGOGIA GENERALE E SOCIALE (M-PED/01)
||Saint Camillus International University of Health Sciences
Struttura di afferenza
Facoltà dipartimentale di Medicina
Orari di ricevimentoWednesday, 2:00pm
• Scientific license, Teresa Gullace Talotta Institute, Rome, Italy (2007).
• Bachelor Degree in Cognitive Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy (2011).
• Master Degree in Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychological Rehabilitation, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy (2013).
• Ph.D. in Psychology and Neuroscience, Social Cognitive Neuroscience Lab (SCNL) directed by prof. Salvatore Maria Aglioti, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy (2018).
• Pre-Lauream Training at “Sleep Laboratory”, Rome University, La Sapienza, Italy. Supervisor: Prof. Luigi De Gennaro. (2009-2010).
• Training at “Istituto per lo Studio delle Psicoterapie (ISP)”, Rome, Italy. Driven Practical Experiences. (2010-2011).
• Volunteering at Ambulatory for Epileptic Syndromes, Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Rome, Italy. Supervisor: Prof. Oriano Mecarelli.
• Internship at Laboratory of Neuropsychology “Di.Vi.Na (Visuo-spatial and navigation disorders)”. IRCCS “Fondazione Santa Lucia”, via Ardeatina 306, Rome, Italy. Supervisor: Dr. Maria Cristina Cossu. (2012).
• Internship at Department of Medicine and Psychology, Rome University, La Sapienza, Italy. Supervisor: Prof. Cecilia Guariglia. (2012-2013).
• Collaboration Grant at “Social and Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory (SCNL)”, Rome University, La Sapienza, Italy. Supervisor: Prof. Salvatore Maria Aglioti. (2013).
• Post-Lauream Training at “Social and Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory (SCNL)”, Rome University, La Sapienza, Italy. Supervisor: Prof. Salvatore Maria Aglioti. (2013-2014).
• Research Internship (6 months) at “Brain and Emotion Laboratory”, Maastricht University, Nederlands. Supervisor: Prof. Beatrice De Gelder. (2017-2018).
• Chiesa P.A., Liuzza M.T., Acciarino A., Aglioti S.M. (2015). Subliminal Perception of others' physical pain and pleasure. Experimental Brain Research, 1-10. Doi: 10.1007/s00221-015-4307-8
• Fiori, F., Candidi, M., Acciarino, A., David, N., & Aglioti, S. M. (2015). The right temporo parietal junction plays a causal role in maintaining the internal representation of verticality. Journal of Neurophysiology, jn-00289.
• Fiori, F., Candidi, M., Acciarino, A., David, N., & Aglioti, S. M. (2015, September). The right TPJ plays an active role in maintaining an internal representation of verticality: An interferential continuous theta burst stimulation study. In COGNITIVE PROCESSING (Vol. 16, pp. S88-S89). TIERGARTENSTRASSE 17, D-69121 HEIDELBERG, GERMANY: SPRINGER HEIDELBERG.
• Chiesa P.A., Liuzza M.T., Acciarino A., Aglioti S.M. “Subliminal Perception of others' physical pain and pleasure”. 26th APS Annual Convention, May 22-25, 2014, San Francisco, CA, USA. [Presented by Patrizia Andrea Chiesa]
• Fiori F., Candidi M., Acciarino A., David N. & Aglioti S.M. “The right Temporo Parietal Junction plays a causal role in maintaining the internal representationof Verticality”. 6th International Conference on Spatial Cognition (ICSC) 2015, September 07-11 2015, “Sapienza” University of Rome, Italy. [Presented by Adriano Acciarino]
• Acciarino A., Liuzza M.T., Macaluso E., Aglioti S.M & Mannetti L. “The Role of Need for Cognitive Closure in Intergroup Bargaining: An fMRI Study”. Neuroeconomics Talks 2018 (MU-NET), April 13, 2018, Maastricht University, Nederlands. [Presented by Adriano Acciarino]
Topics of Interest: Cognitive Neuroscience, Social Neuroscience, Affective Neuroscience, Psychophysiology of Emotional Contagion, Need for Cognitive Closure (NFC), Moral Disgust.
Techniques: functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI), Virtual Reality (VR) modelling and coding, Skin Conductance Response (SCR) recording and analyzing, Heart Rate (HR) recording and analyzing, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), behavioural experiments, Body Sway recording and analyzing (using balance platform).
Grants, Awards & Fellowships:
• Grant: “Avvio alla ricerca” 2017, released by Sapienza University of Rome, for the project titled “STO.R.MO: STudiO sul Ruolo del contagio eMOtivo di felicità e rabbia nei comportamenti di approccio/evitamento fra individui singoli e gruppi” (Study on the role of emotional contagion of happiness and anger in approach/avoidance behaviours in single individuals or groups”, funded for 1.000€.
• Fellowship: “Perfezionamento all’estero” 2017, released by Sapienza University of Rome, 6 months fully funded (1.290€ per month) in “Brain and Emotion Laboratory” of Prof. Beatrice De Gelder, Maastricht University, Netherlands.