Piccinni ArmandoDocente a contratto esterno-Art.23 Legge 240/10
Settore scientifico disciplinare di riferimento
||PSICOLOGIA GENERALE (M-PSI/01)
||Saint Camillus International University of Health Sciences
Struttura di afferenza
Facoltà dipartimentale di Medicina
Orari di ricevimentoUpon appointment
CurriculumCurriculum Vitae et Studiorum
First name: Armando
Date of birth: May 25, 1955 Place of birth:Taranto, Italy Address: Fillungo, n. 170, Lucca Country: Italy
Telephone: 050 992965
Fax: 050 992925
Mob Ph: 3493733967
• Professor of Psychiatry Saint Camillus International University of Health and Medical Sciences –
Rome - Italy
• • Member of the College of Discipline, Saint Camillus International University of Health and Medical Sciences
• Founder and President of the BRF Foundation (Brain Research Foundation Onlus) Institute for Scientific Research in Psychiatry and Neuroscience
Degree and Specializations:
• Degree in Medicine and Surgery, October 1980; • Specialization in Neurology, October 1984;
• Specialization in Psychiatry, November 1988;
• Training Jungian analysis, 1984-1991.
• 1980-1983: Italian Navy Medical Officer
• 1984-1986: Assistant Neuropsychiatric Department, "G. Venticinque Hospital " Taranto
• 1986-1993: Chief of Neuropsychiatric Department, "G.Venticinque Hospital "Taranto
• 1994-1996: Medical Assistant; Territorial Health Unit of Psychiatry, Pisa
• 1997-2018: Medical Director of Day-Hospital Unit at the Psychiatric departement “S.Chiara Hospital Pisa
• 2018 - today: Professor of Psychiatry Saint Camillus International University of Health and Medical Sciences
• Since 2015 Founder and President of the BRF Foundation (Brain Research Foundation Onlus) Institute for Scientific Research in Psychiatry and Neuroscience
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
1994-1996: Adjunct Professor at the University of Siena, School of Mental Health
2002-2009: Adjunct Professor at the University of Pisa, Degree in Rehabilitation Psychiatry
2005-2017: Adjunct Professor at the University of Pisa, School of Postgraduate Psychiatry, School of Clinical Psychiatry
2018 – now: Professor of Psychiatry Saint Camillus International University of Health and Medical Sciences – Rome - Italy
- Organization and supervision of a naturalistic follow-up aspects anamnestic, clinical, course and
treatment of bipolar disorder on a large sample of hospitalized patients.
- Study of the incidence and clinical correlates of comorbid lifetime spectra mood, panic-agoraphobic and obsessive-compulsive disorder in bipolar disorder in hospitalized patients.
- Follow-up naturalistic study in patients with RA.
- Study on the incidence of mood disorders and anxiety disorders in a population of PD (in collaboration with of Departement of Clinical Neurology, University of Pisa).
- Neuroplasticity, neurotrophic factors and affective disorder: serum BDNF in drug-free patients with unipolar or bipolar major depression and comorbid anxiety (in collaboration with the Department of Neuroscience of the National Research Council Area of Pisa).
- Study to assess levels of neurotrophic factors in rats after duloxetine treatment (in collaboration with the Department of Neuroscience of the National Research Council Area of Pisa).
- Neuroplasticity, neurodegeneration, mood disorders and Alzheimer’s disease clinical and neurobiologycal relationships.
It carries out through the activity of the non-profit Foundation Brain Research, and in collaboration with the members of the scientific committee, an intense seminar activity directed to issues of popularization and current affairs scientific; between these:
• In the head of ISIS: psychology and psychopathology of the terrorist phenomenon
• Feminicide: the reason for violence against women
• Clinical natural and evolutionary history of sleep
• Behavioral addictions and food addiction: can you be food addicts?
• Internet addiction and technological means: the story of a collective dependence
• Sleep: The physiology, the evolutionary meaning, the disorders, the associated pathologies
• Decision-making processes and their deviations
• S.I.P. (Italian Society of Psychiatry),
• ECNP (European College of Neuropharmacology)
• SOPSI (Italian Society of Psychopathology)
• S.I.N.S. (Italian Society of Neuroscience),
• APA (American Psychiatric Association)